Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A New Beginning

Wow!! It has been quite a while since I have blogged and so much is going on!  I am super excited to let you all know that I will be beginning a new position in the fall.  In fact, I've already been working this summer and loving it! :)  I will be working for my school district at our Central Office.  I will be working with our Director and Assistant Director of Special Education.  I will be doing some diagnostician work for the school I have been working in, as well as, coaching/consulting/leading special education teachers in our school district.  I don't really know what my official title is yet, but that doesn't really matter, because I am so excited that I have this opportunity.  I am also back in college now working on my Director of Special Education certification.  So exciting!!

Yes, I am going to miss teaching, being in the classroom, and most of all the kids, but my hope is from this new position, I will be able to work with teachers and help them impact students all across our district.  This has really been a dream of mine for such a long time and I literally have to pinch myself to see if this is really happening. 

As far as this blog goes, I will work to continue to bring you content that you can use in your special education classrooms.  It may not be directly from my own classroom anymore, but I hope to share ideas and great things with you from all across my district!  We have great teachers here doing great things, that I hope the will allow me to share!  I will also be conducting trainings on various special education topics, so there is always a possibility that those trainings are something you may be interested in as well. 

I am so looking forward to this new school year and  I am excited to bring you along on this journey!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! :)