Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday! Wooo!--Weekly Fave Pins

I've been a little MIA this week in the bloggy world.  SCM is my excuse.  SCM stands for Safe Crisis Management, so if you gotta problem with it...you're goin' down!! :)  Just kidding of course! I have been trained this week though in restraint and de-escalation strategies.  Two things have come out of this training; one I'm certified in SCM, two my leg muscles are killin'!  Whew! I haven't work them out enough this summer obviously!

So, even though I have spent several hours four days this week in training, I have had time for Pinterest!  I always got time for that! ;)


1.  I think this Parts of a Friend poster is just adorable!

2.  This is a great visual to help me remember what the functions of behavior could be in an acting out student.  It also helps me explain function of behavior to other people that don't exactly speak special ed. lingo
4 functions of behavior

3.  On Monday, I get to get into my new classroom!  I am so excited! I am about to burn up my classroom decor Pinterest board!  This is one of my favorites for the door decoration.
Spring Classroom door!

4.  This Sensory Tree would be such a cool idea for the classroom!
Stretch fabric over an embroidery hoop for sensory tree. Cute! These could be kept in a basket in the science center for little ones to explore, hung on the wall, or laid out on the ground. Neat things might happen with them in the block corner, too!

5.  I am so excited about my new school and what all this experience has yet to bring.  I am thankful that God has used me in different places and different schools for His purpose and now I will be going somewhere brand new and will be able to use what I've learned over the years to grow more there.  I feel so blessed that God has continued to put me on the right path!
On trials.




2 comments:

  1. Kim, I posted a comment on your facebook page on July 13 to let you know that I had nominated your blog for the Liebster award. I'm not sure you saw it. Check out the July 13th post on my blog for more information.
    Pauline
    First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pauline! I did see it. It's been so busy around here lately that I have had a chance to work on the post for it. I'll take a look at it this weekend. Thank you for choosing me!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile! :)