I am so excited to welcome you to my blog! I began blogging in December of 2011 and everyday brings me new opportunities and friendships. I can not even begin to tell you how much blogging and sharing what I know about special education has meant to me. I have met so many other wonderful special education bloggers, shared my knowledge with people around the planet, and been blessed with incredible opportunities I never would have dreamed if it had not been for this little ol' blog!
I plan to continue sharing strategies from my own resource classroom or what I've learned through co-teaching with my awesome colleagues! Some days it may be a simple tip, a fun moment that I experienced throughout my day, a way to tame the special ed. paperwork, a product I've made for my classroom that I want to share with you, an app, or something amazing I've learned from a blogging buddy (credit given to them of course). I hope you are always able to find something inspiring or enjoyable on my blog!
Facts about Mrs. H:
- I graduated from Murray State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Learning and Behavior Disorders in December 2003.
- I finished my Master's Degree in 2008 from the University of Louisville. My degree is in Special Education with an emphasis in Assistive Technology.
- I have taught in 3 schools since January of 2004.
- I teach in elementary resource and co-teaching settings.
- All of my teaching experience is in special education! There is no area of education I would rather teach!!
Other Random things you don't know about me...
- My faith is super important to me and without God's plan for me this blog and the opportunities I have been blessed with could have never happened.
- I have been married since I was 21! I was just a baby!
- I have two children, a girl and a boy.
- I love Advocare!
- My favorite food is pizza and chocolate covered cherries!
- A monogram makes everything look better!
- I've lived in Kentucky my whole life, but I wasn't really a UK fan, until we moved closer to Lexington! There is something about living in the Heart of the Bluegrass that makes you love all things KY! #BBN #Go CATS!