I am so excited to welcome you to my blog! I began blogging in December of 2011 and everyday brings me new opportunities and friendships. I can not even begin to tell you how much blogging and sharing what I know about special education has meant to me. I have met so many other wonderful special education bloggers, shared my knowledge with people around the planet, and have been blessed with incredible opportunities I never would have dreamed if it had not been for this little ol' blog!
I will continue sharing strategies from the special education classroom, although I am no longer in the classroom. Beginning in 2015, I was given the opportunity to be the diagnostician and team leader for my school along with being the special education instructional consultant for my school district. I plan to bring you information about what I am working on, great strategies and examples of teaching from amazing professionals in the field of special education. Some days it may be a simple tip, a fun moment that I experienced throughout my day, a way to tame the special ed. paperwork, a product I've made for my classroom or for someone else that I want to share with you, an app, or something amazing I've learned from a blogging buddy (credit given to them of course). I hope you are always able to find something inspiring or enjoyable on my blog!
Facts about Mrs. H:
- I graduated from Murray State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Learning and Behavior Disorders in December 2003.
- I finished my Master's Degree in 2008 from the University of Louisville. My degree is in Special Education with an emphasis in Assistive Technology.
- I have taught in 3 schools since January of 2004.
- I teach in elementary resource and co-teaching settings.
- All of my teaching experience is in special education! There is no area of education I would rather teach!!
Other Random things you don't know about me...
- My faith is super important to me and without God's plan for me this blog and the opportunities I have been blessed with could have never happened.
- I have been married since I was 21! I was just a baby!
- I have two children, a girl and a boy.
- My favorite food is pizza and chocolate covered cherries!
- A monogram makes everything look better!
- I've lived in Kentucky my whole life, but I wasn't really a UK fan, until we moved closer to Lexington! There is something about living in the Heart of the Bluegrass that makes you love all things KY! #BBN #Go CATS!