Sunday, October 28, 2012

Great American Cookie?

One of my favorite holidays is Halloween. I love fall, decorating with fall colors and leaves, pumpkins, scary stories, fire pits and s'mores, and dressing up for the holiday. In spirit of Halloween, my kids and I made our own cookie cake, ala, GAC!


Want to make your own cookie cake?  Here's what you need:

2 packages/rolls of Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough
1/4 cup Karo light corn syrup (for every package of cookie dough)
1 container of chocolate icing
1 container of white icing (I made the orange icing using white icing and orange icing dye)

**My favorite icing is Betty Crocker rich and creamy...but you use what you like**

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Combine cookie dough with Karo syrup and mix until smooth.  Pat out cookie dough onto 11x17 greased cookie sheet.
Bake in oven 25-30 minutes.  Keep an eye on your cookie (you want it to be golden brown and a little doughy.  It will set up some after it comes out of the oven.  Mine is a little more "done" than I prefer).
Let cookie cool and decorate as desired!!!

So yummy!!


1 comment:

  1. Why the karo syrup. Just curious. I googled this because I want to make one but yours is the first recipe I habe seen with the Karo syrup.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :)