Saturday, October 6, 2012

It is "Currently" October!!

Well Hello!!!  I can't believe that is already October and I also can't believe how much of a blogging slacker I have been lately!  Sorry to leave you guys hangin'!  This school year has been the smoothest ever (knock on wood).  Lessons, behavior plans, and even monitoring is coming along so smoothly.  I finally have a put together classroom and a schedule that seems to be working and my kids are making progress (which is the best of all!  Unfortunately, blogging hasn't been at the top of my priority list...I hope to change that!

Because it is October...here is a Currently with Farley!


I have some WONDERFUL news to share with all of you!  In November, I will be presenting at the KYCEC Special Education Conference!!!!!  I am presenting about behavior management (specifically using the Angry Birds Anger Management that I used with my social skills group)!  I applied back in June to present and to my surprise and delight I received an email yesterday about presenting!  I am so excited and SOOOO nervous!  If you had known me when I was little there would be no way you would think that shy kid could be presenting to fellow special ed. colleagues at a state conference!  Times have changed and God is good!  I feel so blessed to be able to share something I have learned and used with other special ed. people!  I pray that at least one person can learn something and use what I present!! :)

I have so much to share about what I have been doing in class so far this year!  This week promises to be full of interesting and helpful information!  Stay tuned!!

Happy Fall Ya'll!!

Kim

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is awesome that you are presenting at a conference! You will be awesome...God is good! I am your newest follower and am so glad to have found you thru the Currently linky:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. (This is all my random thoughts while reading your post...)

    THAT IS SOOOOO AWesoME that you are presenting at a state conference! Congrats!

    I hear you about the lack of blogging. I think I might have blogged once during September:( But it's October, and that is going to change;) Can't wait to see your new posts:)

    I LOVE Starbucks' fall drinks. MMMM, yum! I could totally go for one right now, especially since it's sooooo chilly.

    Have a happy Saturday:)


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMgosh!! I love your random thoughts! This is totally how my mind works most of the time! When I sit down to write a comment or blog I totally have to actually think about making complete sentences! Thanks for being so real!!! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mountains are beautiful right now!!!! Perfect place for some much needed R&R. There is no where I would rather be right now. And, I love the DIY network too!

    -Sharon

    The Tennessee Teacher

    I'm an education student and would love some encouraging followers to come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What an honor! You will do great :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :)