I did have some time to crank out a wonderful freebie for all of you lucky blog readers!
Here you will find SIGHT WORD DOMINOES! I used the first 100 FRY word list. These are the words my school uses to assess sight word recognition. Click the picture for the file!
To play this game:
1. Cut apart sight word dominoes
2. Place all dominoes face down on playing surface
3. Each player chooses 7 domino cards. The remaining cards are placed in
a pile to the side.
4. Each player holds dominoes so that the other players cannot see words.
5. The first player takes his turn by placing a domino on the playing
6. The other player then tries to match up a word with an open word. If
player does not have a matching word then he draws from the pile.
7. Finish the game when a player uses all of his dominoes or no more
matches can be made.
I am currently working on the second and third 100 FRY word lists and will have them available on TPT for a nominal fee very soon!
If you download this set, please leave me a comment and let me know how they work for you or if any changes should be made. One of my suggestions is to make a couple of sets of the dominoes, because you can then build off the domino with a matching word in several directions.
Hope you enjoy!
Border from Creative Clips
Font in Kidding Around Too from: