Monday, February 25, 2013

When You Can't Do It All & Magical E's

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot do it all.  I would love to, but unless I want to give up my job, stay home and lock myself in the office, then I cannot do everything.  Have you ever had to come to this conclusion?

I would love to blog daily (or a least a couple of times a week), make TPT products, create my own cute clipart (I love to draw/doodle my own characters), but I still have to be a mom, wife, teacher, and friend.  I realized last week that I cannot do all of the things I would love to do and still keep my sanity!  Sometimes it is good to step back and reorganize your priorities.  I am definitely not the person that my Pinterest boards portray me as! I would love to be impeccably organized, beautifully coiffed, incredibly creative, and teacher of the year! :)  For now though, I will be happy being somewhat organized (and continuing to improve), put together nicely, creative (without pushing myself to the limits), and the type of teacher that does what is best for the kids.  All of my TPT purchases may not be laminated and my desk may have piles, but I know that I am doing what is best for the kids and that is what is important to me!

Maybe this summer I can set some goals to finish some TPT products and get some of those Pinterest inspirations complete, but for now, I am focusing on one week at at time instead of trying to do it all at once! Sometimes I just need to be reminded to work smarter...not harder!

So for this week....this is what we are working on in my resource reading:


That sneaky "e" will get you every time!  My reading group has the CVC pattern aced, but that "E" throws them for a loop.  Here is a favorite TPT product that I am using to help teach this concept in my reading group:


Click the picture above to be directed to the TPT so you can purchase your own Magical E bundle!

So what can you expect from me during my readjusting period?  
  • A sneak peak into the skills my reading or math groups are working on...hopefully with a great TPT product to share with you
  • An update about how the week went
  • A positive outlook school and being the teacher the kids need! :)

Do you ever have a readjusting time in your teaching career?  What do you do when you can't do it all?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! :)