Sunday, July 26, 2015

SPED Summer Blog Hop: Week 5 The 1st Week of School

This is the fifth and final week of the SPED Summer Blog Hop!  Thanks so much to Kyle at Kinderspedventures for being such a wonderful host!




This week's topic is The 1st Week of School!


The first week of school is always such a blur!  It's a time to get to know your students, to make contact with your parents, and get your schedule figured out!

 I also like to bring my resource class kids to my room, so they can become familiar with it and so they know where to find me if they need me for something within the first few days of school.  To help my students get used to my room, I created a Back to School Scavenger Hunt.  The scavenger hunt has two parts.  The first part is about hunting for items in the room.  This allows they to explore the new space and find where all of the important stuff is located.  The second part is a get to know you activity where the students have to find a friend that fits the characteristics listed in the box.  You can download the scavenger hunt for FREE by clicking the picture below!


We only have 7 weekdays left until we are back to school!  Wow! This summer really flew by!
How much longer do you have left for your summer break?

I hope you have enjoyed the Sped Summer Blog Hop!  Don't forget to hop on over to Pam's Blog:
Mrs. P's Specialties


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you are almost back to school. The teachers in my district start on August 31st, but the students do not start until September 8th! I would love to start back to school earlier, because this year we do not get out until June 21st!!! I hope you have a great school year. Thank you so much for all of your great advice and posts. I am going to use many of your great tips this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I begin on Wednesday! Love the blog-hop and I am glad to see I am incorporating many of the suggestions presented. I didn't have the scavenger hunt, though and we are in a new room this year--I think it would be a fun activity the first week, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :)