Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Oh "Appy" Day: Tech on Tuesday: March 4


Today's app is FREE (Hurry though...it's free for Read Across America Day)!!  And wonderful!!!

When I began this year, I had to buy all new books for my classroom library because I've never had a classroom of my own.  I've always inherited whatever classroom library books were in the library and therefore didn't own many of my own books.  When this year started, I had to stock a whole classroom library.  Most of the books on my shelves come from ebay and from yard sales!  Great books and even better deals!

With that being said, we didn't get into our brand new building until just right before school started.  I put together my library, but I had many more pressing issues to organize and work on to be ready for the first day, so the ole library was thrown together and forgotten about. :(
That is until I found this app and this resource!  Match made in picture book heaven!!

Literacy Leveler is a book leveling app that helps students choose books that are on their reading level.  It gives you information Lexile levels, DRA levels, and Guided Reading levels!  I am so excited about this!  I cannot wait to level all of my library books!  All of this information is at your fingertips when you scan the bar code or type in the ISBN number on the book!


This resource is available on TPT (click the image to be directed to the link).  I recently purchased this beauty and now I'm ready to print and label my book bins!  

I can't wait to share my new and improved library with you guys!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! :)