Thursday, March 27, 2014

Social Skills: Zones of Regulation App

Ok...I know it is not Tuesday, but I have a great app to share!

It goes with the curriculum, Zones of Regulation, that I use with my social skills group.  So, without further ado...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-zones-of-regulation/id610272864?mt=8
Zones of Regulation


The Zones of Regulation app costs $4.99 and it is worth every cent!  I use it with my social group as a review when we have completed a lesson.  The kids were so excited that their Zones were part of an app.  :)  One kid even asked me to write down the name of the app so that she could get it for her home iPad.

The object of the game is to move your avatar through the little city.  You will see blue, green, yellow and red zones and once you enter that "zone" you will be asked a question related to the zone.  You gain points by answering questions correctly and by moving through levels.  It is a great summative assessement to use with your students.  I knew by using the app that the kids know and remember all about what we ahve discussed.  It is difficult to assess social skills, so this is perfect to meet that need.

Try it out!  Let me know what you think?  Are you using Zones?  Do you have any great activities?  I would love to hear about how you use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! :)