Saturday, June 29, 2013

Currently...July

Can you believe that it is almost July?  I can't!  This is one of my favorite times of year though.  We are knee deep in summer, the days are longer and hot, and there is still plenty of time left before school starts.

Today I am linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for the monthly Currently...


Listening:  The kids are playing so quietly.  We just completed a Target visit, so the kids are occupied with some new toys.  Chloe picked a 1000 piece puzzle and Barrett chose MicroChargers.  Hours of fun around here!

Loving:  I think I may have mentioned this a time or two, but I LOVE SUMMER!  Blue skies, green grass, long days, pool water, sunscreen smell, sunburns...I love it all!  

Thinking:  I'm in the mood for ice-cream.  Yes I am.  We may make a DQ run here in a minute! 

Wanting:  I want to get in my new school so bad!  I am so excited!!!!

Needing:I have lots of library books to organize for my new classroom.  This is the first time I've had to purchase new library books for my classroom.  I have inherited class books every year that I've taught and never had the need to buy many of my own.  This summer I had to change all of that.  
*SPOILER ALERT*
Classroom library posts coming soon!

Tips:  If you have an iPad, download Evernote.  This app has changed my life...well that may be a tad overdramatic!  It really has helped me to stay organized and keep all of my random thoughts in one spot.  I have been using it to plan blog posts, TPT products, and make lists for school for next year.  I can't wait to share some cool tricks with you that I have learned on Evernote! Stay tuned for that!

Kim


6 comments:

  1. Cute blog. Found it through the currently!! I'm heading to KY at the end of July for the 4th time. We go there every year for a mission trip.

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great time while you are in KY. I'm guessing you are heading to Eastern KY. I know several people that go there this time of year for mission trips. Best wishes for your mission and safe travels!

      Kim

      Delete
  2. I have used One Note and Evernote a lot as well. Especially to keep all these blogging ideas organized. I can't wait to get back into my room - I hate that they lock us out and take our keys! :(

    Courtney
    4thGradeSprinkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I hope to be in the building week after next...sigh! We are waiting on construction. I would be so, so sad if someone took away my keys every summer. Hope they don't do that at this school! Here's to us both getting in our building!! ;)

      Kim

      Delete
  3. It's funny how many of us mentioned ice-cream in our currently! :) Great minds. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Evernote tip. I don't have that app, yet. Good luck organizing your classroom library. :)

    Following you now :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! :)