Thursday, August 16, 2012

School Has Started

School started here on Wednesday! It was one of the best first days ever! My (school) kids were great and there were no tears or meltdowns! Wooo Hooo!! However, my own baby boy did shed a few tears, while my big girl had a great day and was back in the routine quickly!

First Day of School 2012

My big 4th grader

My baby started Kindergarten!
I would love to show you all pictures of my classroom, but it is still in shambles!  There was a hiccup with the painters, so my roommate and I have been told that painting will take place this weekend.  Our room kind of looks like a big closet right now and pictures would be embarrassing. I am cool with it though if it means our room is going to look good.  I can't wait to be able to show you pictures.

As for what I'm working on right now...well, just trying to keep up the momentum for the rest of the week!  Kindergarten assessments to do and baseline data to gather...awwww...paperwork! ;)

I do have a cute story to share.  A little girl (4th grade) came up to me today and our conversation went a little like this:

Girl=SUPER excited

Girl:  "My brother is in middle school now, you know?"
Me: "Yes!  I know!  I miss him and I hope he is loving it there!"
Girl:   "Yeah he is.  Hey! Now that my brother is gone you can work with me!  Will you work with me?"
Me:  Totally flabbergasted.  "Yeah, sure."
Girl: "Great!!!! I'll tell my teacher that you are going to come get me."
Me: "Ummm...." And she walks away...

(Note:  I am a special education teacher.  I can't just "go get" everyone.  :)  She asked me all last year to work with her and of course I couldn't.  I hardly even saw her last year.  This year though she is under my nose all of the time!  She stopped me about 3 times today to ask when I was coming to work with her.  I finally had to break the news to her that I might be able to help her out in class, but I couldn't bring her to my room.  I told her I had to get very special permission from her dad to work with her outside of her classroom.  She assured me that her dad knew me and that he would sign anything I wanted to let me work with her).  Sweet!

I feel so loved.  My teacher friend/roommate told me that I must have left quite an impression on that family. :)  Sweet kid...totally doesn't get my job description.  I will so have to find time to "work with her."

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile! :)