NUTS & BOLTS
Isn't it amazing that teachers can walk into just about any store and find something to create a lesson or activity? So, can you guess where I went with my husband last weekend? If you guessed Lowes, you got it! This one is so simple and has does double duty! This one is great for word work (of course), fine motor skills, and a good fidget for those that can't keep still!
Here's what I did:
1. Go to <insert fave hardware store>
2. Purchase a few bolts and a box of nuts (these are 3/4")
3. Write the alphabet on the nuts. I wrote the alphabet 3 times and the letter R, S, T, L, N, and all of the vowels a few extra times. I wrote the letters on each side of nut so when you twist the nut on the bolt it doesn't matter what side it ends up on your letters will line up.
4. Have the student grab their word list and get to work!
5. This activity was kid-tested and teacher approved! My daughter (fourth grade) and my son (Kindergarten) loved this activity!
Follow me, grab my button, and link up for some Word Work fun!